Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Young Hollywood Awards in it's creation for May


I have been planning events Luaus since 1999. I have performing since I was 3. I traveled all my life and i have performed over a few thousand shows that I don't really know the accurate numbers. I have met many Celebrities and people. I have seen many events that are not for the normal person. My life is an adventure and I would not trade 1% of it to be normal.

I will start this year and eventually write all of my past stories.

My friend Koji from Japon Bistro in pasadena called me. I recently developed his restaurant's new website with an elaborate catering menu options to offer to customers. So Koji calls me about a new contract that he wants me to help him plan for his customer. He wanted me to provide the Lounge Rentals for this event. He told me that it was for the "Young Hollywood Awards" Since I don't read many magazines or watch too much T.V. I didn't know who they were.

So I quoted them my price and they accepted my offer. Koji went on many meetings with them but this time he requested that I go to this meeting in Los Angeles. So I did. I discover that they hired a "Hollywood Party Planner" . Kinda funny to see why certain industry people would put money into "foofy" planners, In my opinion are just as good as other planners without the "foofy" name or reputation. I kinda learned that Hollywood has it's clicky vendors but that's ok with me.
So I listened to their ideas but they had no vision at the moment...It wasn't my role to design the event so I remained quiet and pretended that I am an employee with Japon Bistro and nothing more.

So it was interesting to here how another company would create a solution for a customer. Normally, it only takes one day to come up with a design. If you are really good. You can create design on the spot but that only comes with experience but it took them over 7 days.

I will leave it like that. lol...

So Koji planned a test tasting for the company. I listened to their concerns and what they want and it was a simple solution. In a nut shell. Small appetizers, more cut sushi rolls, and more cooked food. Voila a solution.

I will write more about this story as it progresses. The actual event is in May. The funny thing about our meeting with Young Hollywood Life. I literally had my developers create an on the spot design with images and menu that they wanted in less than 2 hours.

I was not in front of the computer to design this...I told my developers on what to do and they got the job done. They were so impressed. How many event planners can write up a design and create a small site presentation in less than two hours?

None....




No comments:

Post a Comment