Monday, March 29, 2010

Let's start with the beginning of GroupBlasts.com




The idea started when I first met Tom Andersen from Myspace.com . I remember how he used to complain about Friendster. All of us originally started from Friendster and then people would spam "join myspace.com" So I joined myspace.com and I thought was the coolest thing ever for people.

For awhile I did add many new friends not realizing that I would be making good connections, friends, and acquaintances. I was member 17960.

Months have passed by and one of my friends posted a "Myspace party" at barfly. I was like....How cool is that. Let's check it out. So I go to Barfly's in Los Angeles and I meet Gary Sato, Eric "Ballistic", Tom Andersen, and many people from my friends list.


It was the weirdest thing to see...To meet all these people in person. I knew them only by their nicknames. I had fun meeting people I never really knew but only faces from my friends list.


Since I was not shy. I met everyone. Got to talk to Tom and learned that he is a nice guy. I had many ideas for myspace.com but I didn't want to share my ideas for free. So I threw in some ideas and he flew with it and claimed them as his own. No big deal.

Years later, my Special Events business www.socalevents.com flourished and I was busy planning 100's of major events a year. I learned a lot about internet marketing, planning great events, met celebrities and high profile customers, and enjoyed a little acting.

Almost 10 years later and here I am. I formed www.groupblasts.com It will not officially launch till May but we have to have some Temporary site for people to log in and join before the actual launch date.

My girlfriend at the time decided to learn dreamweaver at the Torrance Adult Class. One of the instructors built a website for me many years ago. So I remembered him. Back in the days, I solely depended on 100% internet marketing to book luau shows for my family's side business www.manea.net . I hired many developers to launch over 30 + websites to market shows for my family. My concept worked and still works today. So I see my old developer and I asked if he could help my girlfriend with a website to sell outdoor cat enclosures to protect cats from Coyotes and Rattlesnakes. He agreed to work and develop her a site. www.mypetenclosures.com . While he was building my gfriend's site, he mentioned that he was working on a few projects and has an investor that supporting these projects. I listened to his ideas and I responded. I have this idea that I know will work and will eventually become one of the 10 websites in the world.

It was www.groupblasts.com I explained that there are over 10 different revenue streams and it will continue grow as technology evolves. He loved the idea and introduced me to 2 investors. Both love the idea and decided to fund the new project.

I would love to share the concept but I can disclose my ideas just yet but all I can say.....GroupBlasts.com will plan over 3000 events a month.

I recruited some really good team members to make dream into a reality.

I will share more later.....

No comments:

Post a Comment